This Canadian manufacturer has established quite well in the turntable market by constantly making quality items like the Fluance RT81.
You could opt to get cheap record players that would ruin your precious record collection or you could go for players like this Fluance RT81 and enjoy a beautiful experience.
On Amazon, the RT 81 is currently going for $200, which sounds quite pricey. In this Fluance turntable review, we will see if it is worth it.
No products found.
Specifications of Fluance RT81
- Dimensions – 5.5 x 16.5 x 13.75 inches / 14.0 x 41.9 x 34.9 cm (HxWxD)
- Unit Weight – 14.1 lb (6.4 kg)
- Speed – 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RPM (78 RPM – No)
- Speed Variation – +/-1.00% – Speed
- Wow and flutter – 0.2%
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (Weighted) – 67dB or higher (A-weighted, 20kHz LPF)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio (Unweighted) – 60dB or higher (unweighted, 20kHz LPF)
- Diameter Of Platter – 12″, 30cm
- Weight Of Platter – 1.22 lbs (553 g)
- Height Of Platter – 0.62 inches (16 mm)
- SuppoRTed CaRTridge Weight – 3.5 to 6.5g
- Counterweight – Yes – 3.53 oz (100 g) – Adjustable
- Effective tonearm Mass – 28.2 grams
- Overhang – 19.2mm
- Effective Tonearm Length – 224mm
- Tonearm Height – 17mm
- Stylus – 0.4 × 0.7mil Bonded Elliptical (Diamond)
- Frequency Response – 20-20,000Hz
- Channel Separation – 20dB at 1kHz
- Channel Balance – 2.0dB or less at 1kHz
- Load Impedance/Capacitance – 47k Ohms/100pF
- Output Voltage – 2.5mV +/–3dB
- CaRTridge Weight – 5.7g (+/- 0.5g)
- Headshell Weight – 10.7g
- CaRTridge Height – 0.67 inches (17 mm)
- Recommended Tracking Force – 2.0g +/–0.5g
- VeRTical Tracking Angle – 20 degrees
- Input – 100V – 240V AC (50/60Hz)
- Output – 12V / 500mA
- Consumption – 1.5W
Performance of Fluance RT81
The design of this Fluance turntable gives it both a retro and modern vibe which can transform your room immensely. It will also influence how you feel about the music.
The belt drive fuRTher enhances convenience on this Fluance record player since you do not have to reposition it whenever you want to change speeds. There is a metal knob you can easily flick to choose your desired speed ((33⅓ or 45RPM)
The at95e caRTridge on this turntable has a replaceable needle that’s quite affordable. The caRTridge may not blow the records away, but it does its job well.
If you want to experiment, the record player caRTridge on the RT81 can be swapped with another of your choice so you can find what works better for you.
The Fluance audio quality is fuRTher enhanced by the built-in phono pre-amp, which makes the sound clearer.
- Has a classy and attractive design
- Its features are convenient
- Has great sound quality
- Easy to setup
- The speed gets a little inconsistent
- The plastic tonearm makes it look cheap.
Fluance RT80 vs. RT81
|PoRTability||Lightweight (9.9lbs)||Heavier (14.1lbs)|
|Design||Hollow Plastic||Solid Wood|
|Affordability||A bit pricey ($200)||Slightly expensive ($250)|
- They have built-in pre-amps
- Both clear output sound
- Their poRTs are on the back panel
- They suppoRT two-speed options (33.3 and 45RPM)
Fluance RT81 vs. RT82
|CaRTridge||Elliptical (Diamond) / AT95E||Stylus 10/ ORTofon OM10|
|Price point||Affordable ($250)||Pricey ($300)|
|Needle Pressure, g||3.5||1.5|
|Wow and Flutter||0.2%||0.07%|
- They’re both vinyl players
- Both use a belt drive
- They are the same size
- Their playable record speed is the same (33⅓ and 45)
Fluance RT81 vs. audio Technica lp120
|CaRTridge Type||Moving magnet (MM)||Dual Magnet|
|Needle Pressure, g||3.5||1.5|
|Torque||>4.5 kgf-cm||>1.6 kgf-cm|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||67dB||50dB|
- They have the same motor type (DC)
- They have the same wow and flutter (0.2%)
- Their frequency response is the same (20Hz – 20000kHz)
- Both have a built-in amplifier
- They have the same stylus type.
From my Fluance RT81 review, it’s clear that this Fluance RT is a capable turntable with great features. However, in a world of high-end turntables with more details, Fluance turntables will quickly fall to the bottom if they do not do better.
This Fluance RT81, however, performs well for its price point.
Know more about the best denon turntable for better experience.
Leave a Reply